Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer browser service not starting with no error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garfieldinshades

garfieldinshades

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

i recently had some issues with malware/ spyware. I removed as many as i could find with spybot s&d and windows security essentials then cleaned with ccleaner. Since then i cannot turn on file and printer sharing.

After googling round a bit i ran some of your tools which seem to have solved a lot of the issues i was having, however within control panel/admin tools/services i fnd that computer browser is not starting, if i tell it to start it seems to be ok, but then immediatley stops wit no error code.

please Please can someone help? i have tried everything i can think of and just cannot get it sorted!

Thanks, Chris.

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2013 - 10:24 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

"Computer Browser" service is related to networking being able to find/search/maintain connection/browse other systems on the network. With that said there is other dependencies needed to also run for "Computer Browser" service to function properly. Both "Server" service and the "Workstation" service is also needed to run. Setting all to automatic and rebooting the system should fix it.

#3 garfieldinshades

garfieldinshades
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

hi technonymous, Thanks for your reply. I should perhaps have been a little more specific, at the moment i cannot turn on network discovery, the result of my googling led me to check a whole list of services required for it, and all of them are running fine and automatically starting with the exception of computer services.

i have tried everything i could find relating to it and just cannot get that service started. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users