Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating System Image Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 notamused

notamused

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

I have a Vaio laptop which came with a "recovery partition" (factory image). I have tried to create a system image to use with the System Repair Disk, in the event of a catastrophe, via Windows 7 Backup & Restore. I have a 3TB WD "My Book" external HDD, which is the destination location I've chosen to save the system image to.

In the "Confirm your backup settings window,

Backup location is D: My Book

"The following drives will be backed up" shows:

1. System Reserved (System),

2. (C:) System,

3. Recovery (System)

all of these are checked and I cannot uncheck any of them.

Windows begins making the image (backup), creates the folder "Windows Image Backup" on the external drive. It runs for about 5 minutes, then the progress bar turns completely red and I get the following Error:

"The backup failed.

One of the backup files could not be created. (0x8078002A)

Additional Information: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (0x8007045D)"

I am wondering if this due to the "recovery partition" (factory image.)

If so, can I get rid of the recovery partition in Computer Management?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abullbar

abullbar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hi Use Acronis True Image to do your backup 100% more reliable than the windows one-look at some software forums you can download the program with working serial.

Make a start up disk and boot using it -it will restore your system from a backup you have made with this program in about 20 mins.

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users