Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop makes a cracking noise (not speakers)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skylark1218

skylark1218

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

For a few months I start to notice that my laptop starts to make a cracking noise while I'm using it (Though, I'm not so sure between 'clicking' and 'cracking' noise.. kind of 50%) 

Likely from the left side of my laptop.. But just once in a while...

Betting it's either the fan or the hard drive.

So I'm wondering if this would cause any problems later on if I'm not solving this? Not sure if this related to when I start to carrying it around at school for doing works.

My laptop is just around one year old only. It usually runs very quiet, so there's only the cracking noise I noticed recently, kind of 2 clicks sound but it rather sounds like cracking. My laptop model is Sony Vaio VPCEH37FG.

Edited by skylark1218, 15 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi,

Intermittant is always hard to fix. It might be a loose piece of something around the cooling fan. If the trash is softer than the fan blade then it might get chopped up and drop out. If it's harder it might damage the fan. Either way it would be a good idea to have a technician look at it.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users