Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Wireless Adapter won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iLoveIceCream

iLoveIceCream

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

After reformatting my computer I installed the network drivers, etc.. The only driver that's missing is the Netgear driver. I have the cd and the USB drive.. After installing Netgear Smart Wizard I restarted my computer. I'm sure that my USB drive works because it's light blinks when I insert it to my computer. Double cliking the Netgear Smart Wizard doesn't do anything. And on the device manager says Netgear driver wasn't installed yet. What do I do?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

HI,

What Model Netgear Adapter?

You can go to here and look for the latest drivers for XP and install them.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/

With any luck at all that should work.

I would first uninstall the Netgear software You installed. Then remove the Adapter. Restart the computer. Run the netgear download. USB Adapter I'm guessing? I'm also guessing that the adapter was already plugged in when you ran the CD.

Do not plug in the Adapter until the software tells you to or after the install. I an guessing here that You had plugged it in first.

Many USB wireless adapters require the adapter to be plugged in after the install.

Good luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Update:

I'm updating my Wireless setup and sure enough, Big red label on the USB Wireless adapter to run the Software first before plugging in..

Cheers

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users