Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer has gone all weird and non-functional?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 inkblot2

inkblot2

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hey,

I think it was about a week ago when I switched on my computer, logged on to my account and found all the settings messed up. My background had gone to default, all the shortcuts were there (I keep them hidden), my icon picture was default too and some other small things were changed but all my stuff was okay so I wasn't too concerned but lately a lot of problems have been cropping up. Firstly, the machine doesn't seem to recognise me as adminstrater when I press 'run as adminstrater' the message pops up; Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate access to permissions to access this item.' There's been a number of other errors happening when I try to open an application too.

I have no idea whats happened? How do I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkblot2

inkblot2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Also, any word documents I get from the internet even if they're safe, it comes up with; Word experienced an error when trying to open the file along with a list of suggestions.

I'm not sure what the cause of all these problems is but I think CCleaner might have something to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users