Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD BlueScreenView Log attached!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 1080stunts

1080stunts

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Please help! I've been having a BSOD everytime that I log onto my Comp.

Attached File  bsod.txt   39.73KB   14 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed? It looks like one of MSE's files (MpFilter.sys) is originating the crash.

#3 1080stunts

1080stunts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed? It looks like one of MSE's files (MpFilter.sys) is originating the crash.

Yes.  I am disabling it and restarting now.  Tell you what happens.

#4 1080stunts

1080stunts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I disabled msseces.exe in msconfig startup but it didn't change the BSOD upon restarting.  MSE won't let me disable it in safe mode.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Disabling it in msconfig won't prevent it's security modules from being loaded, it will just keep the user interface from running.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling MSE. If you can't uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, you can use Microsoft's removal tool.

#6 1080stunts

1080stunts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Disabling it in msconfig won't prevent it's security modules from being loaded, it will just keep the user interface from running.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling MSE. If you can't uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs control panel, you can use Microsoft's removal tool.

Thanks.  I downloaded it, however it says that the admin has blocked the program from opening and there's no way I remember the admin password.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

That sounds a lot like malware to me. I would recommend that you post a topic in the "Am I Infected?"  forum (more info) so that it can be determined whether you're machine is infected.

#8 1080stunts

1080stunts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

That sounds a lot like malware to me. I would recommend that you post a topic in the "Am I Infected?"  forum (more info) so that it can be determined whether you're machine is infected.

UPDATE: So my backlight died in the laptop so I hooked it up to an old monitor (don't know if it is relevant).  I tried to open an MSE removal tool and it starts running symantec antivirus software which say it cannot extract the file from the proper directory.  Should I still go to "Am I infected"? 

Thanks

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Yes, post in "Am I Infected?" The backlight is a different issue, but so long as the second monitor is working it shouldn't interfere with diagnosing the original issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users