Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update is stuck in a loop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mlukot01

mlukot01

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi, trying to run windows update

I get a message saying: Windows cannot install important files while the system is using them, please restart your computer.

However restarting the computer does not help. Tried to run sfc scan, here is the message received:

There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and try sfc again.

However no mater how many times i restart it stays the same

Any idea what can be done to resolve thsi issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

You have an active topic in the Am I Infected forum which Broni posted a reply this morning.  

You need to stick with this topic until this issue is resolved to the extent of what can be done in that forum.

I would suggest that you not respond to any suggestions in this topic.  This can only add confusion and make Broni's job more difficult.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

FTR, the open topic in Aii is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507690/vista-unable-to-activate-firewallblocks-all-downloads-even-from-microsofthelp/

Please finish with that topic before proceeding here. To avoid confusion I'm closing this topic.

If and when you are finished with the above linked topic, please feel free to PM me or any Moderator to have this topic re-opened. Also please include a link to this topic with your PM.

bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 15 September 2013 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users