Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyfalcon Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ancient One

Ancient One

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

Hi,

I'm running Spyware Dr. vs 3.8 and AVG Professional in the Trial version. I've used them both for a scan and I still get the system-tray thing with the Your Computer Is Infected every minute. Also it's changed my default IE page to www.safetydefender.com and no matter what I do it just brings it back.

When I did the suggested removal and tried to use the Add/Remove Programs to get rid of the SpyFalcon s/w (in the safe mode) there was no reference to anything like that...so there was nothing there to remove. Anyway, below is my HiJackThis.log. I hope you can help me get rid of the pernicious thing. If not, I wonder if a good lawyer might help? hhhmmmm....

Log follows:
``````````````````````````````````

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:07:23 PM, on 4/25/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dcomcfg.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2L1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Nothing - {edbf1bc8-39ab-48eb-a0a9-c75078eb7c8e} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp8E74.tmp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus G] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX6400] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2L1.EXE /P19 "EPSON Stylus CX6400" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX6400"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1141835873421
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/...ro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dim2/default/popcaploader_v6.cab
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Thunder

Thunder

• Members
  • 3,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:13 AM

Hello Ancient One,

It's better to print out the next instructions or save them in notepad, because you also have to work in safe mode without networking support, so this page wouldn't be available then.
It is also important you don't miss a step and perform everything in the right order!!

1. Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

2. Download roguescanfix.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick roguescanfix.exe to install.
This will create a new folder on your desktop called roguescanfix.
Do not use this yet!

3. Boot into safe mode:
Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8.
A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.

4. Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart again manually.
5. Reboot back into Windows, normal mode.

6. Open the roguescanfix folder and click: Run.bat
This tool needs internet connection so it can download an additional file to let the tool work properly.
If your firewall gives an alert, allow it instead of blocking it.
Let the tool perform its job.
The icons will disappear temporarely from your desktop, and reappear. This is normal.
Wait until the message Completed script execution is displayed, and click OK.
Click Exit to close down bfu.
Finally: click OK to start the Spyfalcon and/or Spywarequake uninstaller, and click uninstall.
WARNING: You will be asked to reboot your computer. Wait until the uninstallers did their job before clicking YES.

7. Post the report from Smitfraud fix, wich you can find here: C:\rapport.txt by using Add Reply,
as well as a new HijackThis log.

Greetings,
BMThor

Edited by BMThor, 27 April 2006 - 01:50 PM.

Whatever happens, make believe it was intended to ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image - If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stand Up & Be Counted --> Posted Image <-- And make a difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users