Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inkjet Ink

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SwordofDamocles

SwordofDamocles

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hello,

It's a well known fact the all inkjet ink will dry up after some time.

So, the holly grail of all such ink manufacturers is an ink that will dry on paper but not inside the printer.

Have they found the solution yet?

Thank you.

Regards,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Have they found the solution yet?

Laser printers.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 SwordofDamocles

SwordofDamocles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Heard that the powder used in laser printers have a tendency to clump after some time?

How true is that?

Thank you.

Regards,

Edited by hamluis, 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM.
Removed unnecessary quote - Hamluis.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Well, I only have my cheapo HP1018 as an example ($26 after rebates- best printer deal ever.....so far).  5 years old, and still on the original toner cartridge.  About 3 months after I bought it, I picked up a toner cartridge for it just in case, and that toner has been sitting unopened for close to 5 years as well.

I am sure some toners clump, especially in humid climates if the cartridge is not sealed properly.  All I can say is I have had infinitely more problems with inkjet printers, with the exception of HP 9XX series printers, in regard to ink usage and clogged heads.  I have never had ink, water based ink, dry inside the cartridge yet.  Most of your problems are Epsons (mainly) and Canons that don't have the heads built into the cartridges.  Sometimes people run a pigment based ink vs the OEM dye based, and problems ensue.  By nature, liquid inks have to dry.  Leave any ink cart in long enough and some evaporation will take place.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I will add the my main printer is a HP LaserJet 6MP that I bought more than a decade ago. I am on my third toner cartridge, so the cartridges last at least 2 to 3 years with no problems...that is until I run out of toner. I also tend to have a spare sitting there...and that spare will typically sit at least a year or two before it actually goes into use. My current spare has been sitting there at least a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users