Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Laptop Won't Power On

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ppBlue

ppBlue

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Model # NP355V5C-A09UK.

My girl was watching a film and the "low battery" warning popped up.  The power supply was plugged in but switched off at the wall, when she switched it on the Laptop went blank.  Now it won't power on and none of the lights are coming on to say it's connect to a power supply, or charging, etc.

The battery and power supply is fine as we have two of these laptops and we have tested the battery and power supply.

Any help please?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hi,
The battery may have discharged to a point where it will not recharge correctly if the computer is running. Plug the adapter into the wall and into the computer and leave it overnight. Check in the morning to see if it will reboot. If not, a new battery may be in order.
Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

you might also test the voltage on the power jacks of the adapter if the adapter is not working correctly it will not charge the battery. However, if what you say happened the way it did, you may have blown the fuse in the adapter which could have fried the laptop. I would tread carefully.

#4 ppBlue

ppBlue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hi,
The battery may have discharged to a point where it will not recharge correctly if the computer is running. Plug the adapter into the wall and into the computer and leave it overnight. Check in the morning to see if it will reboot. If not, a new battery may be in order.
Keep us posted

you might also test the voltage on the power jacks of the adapter if the adapter is not working correctly it will not charge the battery. However, if what you say happened the way it did, you may have blown the fuse in the adapter which could have fried the laptop. I would tread carefully.

I have put the battery from the broken Laptop into the working one [same model] and the battery works perfectly fine, the charger from the broken Laptop also works in the working Laptop.

#5 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I would then move on to testing whether your motherboard is actually getting power to it. The power jack could be fried, or the motherboard. If you can pull the hard drive and test it, and it appears to be working normally, then the only thing left is the motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users