Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drop down menus wont stay open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noviceuser6

noviceuser6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

In the last two days the drop down menus in websites have become problematic.  When you click on the down arrow to display the options you cannot click and select - it flashes and goes away.  This is with a wireless logitech mouse.  The built in mouse on the computer does the same thing.  Searches of online forums shows this problem frequently, with no clear solutions. The most common suggestion was a mouse problem, so  I tried a plug in mouse, etc. to no avail.  What else could it be, and how can it be solved?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 noviceuser6

noviceuser6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook

No we haven't tried a different browser.  I did a workaround that seems to work, using the wheei on the mouse allowed me to go through the dropdown selections and stop on the selection I wanted.  The problems occurs both using a mouse or the pad on the computer. 

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users