Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can i play in window xp game in window 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raazxt

raazxt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

my nfs game was run in window xp but it cannot be open in window 7 please help i really want to play this game.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Windows 7 has a feature called Program Compatibility which can run some older software.

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

To add to what DC3 was saying, there are two other ways to get an XP game to run on a Win 7 computer. Both methods require that you have a valid install copy of XP. If his advice about compatibility mode works for you, then this is by far the simplest way to get an older game to run on Win 7, but there are some games that will not run in Win 7, whatever you do. I know – I’ve got one of them !  The problem with this one is a missing DX file. I have a copy of this ‘missing’ file, it’s in the system folder and it’s still not recognised. And I have no intention of re-writing my registry just to get a game to run.

The simpler of the two requires that you set up a virtual machine – I used the free one from VMWare. Once you have installed this, you then install XP into the VM, and then the game. This works, but not all games will run very well in a VM. I did it to get the MS TrainSim to run – which it did, but at shockingly low fame rates. But some ancient 16 bit CAD software ran very well in it.

The other method requires that you set up a second partition on your hard drive so as to create a dual boot machine – Win 7 and XP. You install XP into this new partition. You will probably require chipset, audio and video drivers, as well as security and internet drivers if this is an on-line game. What you are doing here is setting up a second computer in parallel with your Win 7 one, hence the need for drivers etc.. Then install the game, and you should find it runs just as it did on your XP computer.

The only difference you will find is that when you boot, you will be presented with a boot screen asking which operating system you want to boot into.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users