Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new sata hard drive showing as scsi in win 7 help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob5150

rob5150

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

hi my new sata hard drive is showing as a scsi in win7

and it seems to be running slow and making alot of accessing data noises

how can i fix this back to sata

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavidBetournay

DavidBetournay

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

With some hard disk controllers it is normal for it to show up as a SCSI disk - particularly if the disk controller is running in AHCI mode, which is preferrable since it allows features such as NCQ. One thing you may want to check is: locate the drive itself under "Disk Drives" in device manager and go into the properties. Select the "Policies" tab and view what is set. For better performance you will want it set to "Better Performance" with both of the boxes checked. Though if you lose power you may run into minor file corruption issues - I personally have not had issues with this. If you disable those check-boxes performance can decrease significantly.

-David Betournay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users