Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Power To Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snuff

snuff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

hi, i have a problem and was wondering if anyone could help. i have norton installed on my desktop and it found a virus it couldnt remove and told me how to do it manually. after following some of the instructions i had to leave for work and by the time i got back the screen had frozen on a blue windows page. i turned the computer off manualy and since then it will not turn back on at all. ive checked fuses etc but to no avail. any ideas?

Edited by snuff, 25 April 2006 - 03:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

What exactly did the blue screen say?

When you turn the power back on, have you made sure the main power switch (usually on the back) is in the on position?

#3 snuff

snuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

something to do with windows and i think settings large white letters on blue background.
cant see main power switch on back got 230 in red background

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

The switch with the red 230 is not the power switch! Do not set it to 230V unless you are in a place that has 230 Volt electricity. If you do you will fry the power supply and probably everything else inside.

In order to diagnose the problem we need more information than you had a blue screen that said "something to do with Windows". You obviously do not have power to the computer which can be caused by numerous things from the switch being off on the surge supressor (if you have one), to a dead electric outlet, to a bad power switch on the computer or power supply, to a bad power cord, to a bad power suply in the computer, to a bad motherboard or processor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users