Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Safe Mode with Networking' trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ramaflore

ramaflore

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hi,

I'm under Vista Business 32 bits and I've just noticed that when booting up on Safe Mode with Networking, I don't have anymore my internet connection working.

On the other hand, I have a nice working internet connection on normal mode.

Thanks for your help !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ramaflore

ramaflore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I've just found the culprit: Private Firewall.

I don't know why it cut off my internet connection under 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

If I launch PF, I got my internet connection established again.

Any idea ?

Edited by ramaflore, 13 September 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

I've just found the culprit: Private Firewall.

I don't know why it cut off my internet connection under 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

If I launch PF, I got my internet connection established again.

Any idea ?

I believe this is because Windows will not let the internet connect until the firewall is running, and since you are using a 3rd party firewall then it is not loaded automatically in safe mode. That's your problem, using a 3rd party firewall (only in safe mode though).

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users