Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Save in C Drive A required privilege is not held by the client

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I had the same issue that was solved. I went to C Drive/Properties/ Security Tab and allowed access to all:

Authenticated Users:

authenticatedusers.png

Administrators:

administrator.png

Users:
users.png
 System was the same as well. It solved the problem for awhile until recently I tried to save in the C Drive and it said this:

noprivilege.png

I made the same post, but it was deleted and so was the preview post that showed showed how to save in c drive that temporarily worked. So I cannot save in the C Drive even though it shows I have access to all. There are no other users. Only the Admin exists on this computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

like this... to check user properties

useraccountps.png

#3 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

when i click on user accounts on control panel i get this:

useraccounts.png

then i click on user accounts again and i go to this page:

useraccounts2.png

where do i go from here?

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#4 DavidBetournay

DavidBetournay

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Unfortunately, file permissions really depend on what you are looking to do.... ie: your best not to unsecure your root folder but, to each their own. Go into the folder properties>Security and click on Advanced. Go to the owner tab and click "Other Users and Groups" and type in a username or a group such as "Authenticated Users" and press the Check Name button. Click Okay. Make sure the desired user or group is selected in the list on the Owner window, and check the box below that says "Replace Owner on subcontainers" if you dare - I would not. Click Okay and your computer is now less secure. ;)

Best regards,

David Betournay

Edited by DavidBetournay, 13 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#5 abullbar

abullbar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Try this

Ownership (formerly Rizone Take Ownership Shell Extension) description Modify discretionary access control lists (DACLs)

Ownership is a small shell extension that adds a context menu option called "Take Ownership" to all folders and files.

This menu option can be used to modify discretionary access control lists (DACLs). Simply put, it can be used to unlock or get ownership of a file or folder.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Rizone-Take-Ownership-Shell-Extension.shtml

#6 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm the admin and should allow me:

allowcdrive.png

It still saying I have no privilege by the client. I don't have any other users. I am just the admin.

admin-1.png

I did not find under owner tab: ""Other Users and Groups" and type in a username or a group such as "Authenticated Users" and press the Check Name button"

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 21 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#7 DavidBetournay

DavidBetournay

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Sounds like you have User Account Control enabled - it's enabled by default and even though you are logged in with an Administrator account the software is by default run with lower permissions. Under the owner tab you must click the "Edit" button to change who the owner is, or set it to a group. Since you probably have UAC running your software is running as a standard "User" group account.

#8 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

on the 2nd photo administrator somehow got removed and won't go back. Once I changed it it froze "unresponsive script" then the admin was removed from the owners tab. I tried to set the owner to administrator, but it won't show up on owners tab.

I tried to setup as group but random name not found. I tried to setup as administrator, but it won't let me. it still shows Duerga PC.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 21 September 2013 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users