Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to get wireless connection Inspiron on 1720?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Wired connection is working, in the DM, the "Network Controller" has the Yellow question mark,  I tried all 5 drivers here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/inspiron-1720

but cannot get the wireless working, I moved the wireless switch to the right, does not light up. I looked on the net for help and found this:

"First check if the Wireless Switch is turned on. The switch is on left side of the system. Then check if you are able to detect wireless networks.

If that does not work, then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Wireless Card driver. To uninstall, click on start, right click on My Computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the + symbol next to Network, right click on Dell 1502 card and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once its removed, do no restart your computer, click on the below link to download and install the updated driver, and then restart your computer."

When I click on the + sign next to "Network Adapters", I am only seeing "Broadcom 440x10/100 Integrated Controller", help please?

Edited by mystic12, 12 September 2013 - 07:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Sounds like the switch may be bad. Have you tried a little USB WiFi adapter? They're pretty cheap.

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, I tried basically everything with a Dell Tech this morning, it has to be either the switch or the wireless card. Yes, the USB will be the next logical option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users