Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupt file found CBS.Log. ignore it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kenjace

kenjace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hi, I ran command prompt with "sfc/scannow" to check if I have some corrupt files. Unfortunately the result was "Windows Protection System was unable to repair some of the corrupted files"..."You can find the details, in CBS.log". (Or something very similar, to that). Now I tried different angles in fixing this problem like the "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" but still has an error, and I just got tired of fixing this one and found nothing wrong with my laptop as of the moment.

Is it ok to have this kind of corrupt file? does it have any effects in the future? pls. enlighten me or if you have the best solution pls share,. thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

A corrupt file is a damaged file...if the file is important for Windows (I believe that most system files are important), then at some point, you may experience problems because of the file.

Corrupted files which cannot be replaced by sfc /scannow...would concern me, since this can be indicative of a problem with NTFS or the hard drive itself.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users