Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EMS2010

EMS2010

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm having some troubles with a laptop freezing up. Mouse locks up, and computer won't respond to keyboard commands either. It seems like it has been running pretty slow lately anyways. 

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wutevercanada

Wutevercanada

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

My Windows 7 HP Notebook does the same thing with mouse and keyboard freezing since using a Microsoft Mobile Wireless Mouse 3500 and I did find an article on the internet that has one suggestion which I'm testing right now.

This was the suggestion:

The mouse freeze problem could likely to be related to USB SUSPEND MODE kicking in as most mouse nowadays use the USB port to connect.

Go to <Control Panel> select <Power Options>

Depending on which power plan you're in, either 'Balance' or 'Power Saver', select the <Change plan settings> accordingly

Select <Change advanced power settings> and expand <+USB settings> by clicking on the <+> sign

Expand further the <+USB selective suspend setting> by clicking on the <+> sign

Set both <On battery> & <Plugged in> to 'Disabled' and click 'Apply'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users