Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you Bleeping computers.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seeana

seeana

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I would just like to thank you so much for helping me get rid of that awful QV06 with Combofix.

The damn thing wont let go though as it is trying to sneak in again by trying to piggy back onto any new downloads I do, so far today a reminder popped up for an update to Adobe reader AVG tried to warn me but I let it through and just as I was about to download the update I noticed in small writing use QV06 as default browser and then deleted the download ...phew close one' then I tried to open Video downloader Professional and there QV06 again.

I have just scanned with your ADW cleaner and it deleted several files which my rootkit scanner found earlier (wasent sure if they were dangerous so left them) I really hope this will fix QV06 once and for all  I will have to be very careful anyway.

Hope there is a safe place I can download from as these rotton things seem to infiltrate every where. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

There are safe places to download items, but just like with any event in life you must always approach with caution and doublecheck everything as sometimes even the clean places get infected by a no-gooder and must clean themselves up.

We are all glad to help, although I was not on the team who helped you.  Good luck in your future downloading endevors.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users