Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cant access my Yahoo Account Ive found no solution :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 erickhew

erickhew

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hey,

I cant access my yahoo account because I forgot the answer to my security question. I created my account in 2010 so cant remember my alternate yahoo address and password either. I've tried to use my Mobile number to recover my account by sending me a code but I cant get that option(Doesn't show up) even after contacting Yahoo Customer care and visiting Yahoo help central. I really need this account.....is there a solution to this?? Please help!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hey,

I cant access my yahoo account because I forgot the answer to my security question. I created my account in 2010 so cant remember my alternate yahoo address and password either. I've tried to use my Mobile number to recover my account by sending me a code but I cant get that option(Doesn't show up) even after contacting Yahoo Customer care and visiting Yahoo help central. I really need this account.....is there a solution to this?? Please help!

Thanks

If you don't recall the account information, then there is likely not much you can do. At that point, your only option would be to try talking to Yahoo Customer Care, which is seems you may have done already. Beyond that, I cannot think of anything else.

#3 erickhew

erickhew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yeah I've tried that already.. :( I guess I will have to start all over.

Thanks a lot anyway.

#4 erickhew

erickhew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Thanks bhavdeep, already signed up for a gmail account. 

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

On contacting Yahoo Customer care, does that mean you called them? 

Check out http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/Internet/Web+Sites/Yahoo?ListingID=148

I know you created accounts other than Yahoo but if you really want access back to the important Yahoo account, try to create another Yahoo account and work with customer service from there.

--- Once you are all set, you can continue to use your important and new Yahoo accounts if you wish

--- On the alternate Yahoo account you already have, you can address that one also or just let it "expire"

------ If I remember correctly an unattended Yahoo email account is deleted after 3 months of not being used

What I have done a few times this past year for a couple of friends is I had them send a message to customer service regarding their issue and in each case I believe it took at least 2 weeks to get a response.

--- On my of my friends account, Yahoo support worked out fine but he had to respond to I believe 4 messages before someone got it right to help him out

--- On my other friend, well he just didn't bother and he's happy using gmail

On Yahoo help central, generally speaking that's more than a challenge to wade through and find help on what your looking for

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yeah I've tried that already.. :( I guess I will have to start all over.

Thanks a lot anyway.

Sorry that I could not be of more help.

FWIW, it is this type of scenario that is one of the reasons I have always preferred to use a local email client to access my email account, whether by POP in the past or by IMAP these days. Using a local email client means that I get local copies of all my email messages. So, even if I do ever get locked out of my email account, I will still have any messages that I want to save. That is the general down side of webmail based email...if you cannot log into your account, then you lose all your messages.

So, you might want to consider using a local email client to access your email. And if you IMAP, then you can actually do it both ways...both local email client and webmail. That is what I actually do these days. Most of the access is by local email client, but I will occasionally use the webmail interface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users