Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any download or attach: "Virus detected. File deleted"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabears26

dabears26

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

New to this forum - in desperation mode!!!

A couple of weeks ago developed two problems, I'll focus on this one first: Any email attachment I try to open, file download, etc., as always, I'm asked: Run - Save - Cancel.  If I click Run or Save, a box pops up naming the file or attachment, says it has a virus and was deleted.  Game over, I can't do anything else.

Running Windows 7, Google reg version, have gotten rid of my McAfee Security and Avisoft for now.  Lots of advice on how to get rid of this but have one big problem: I can't download any fixes. I've tried clicking this and that, or go into regedit but the files in subfolders I'm supposed to look for aren't there.

Not computer literate but with detailed steps will give anything a try....Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle

• Security Colleague
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

You're probably infected with ZeroAccess. Open your topic here --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Follow this instruction to open topic --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#3 dabears26

dabears26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Attempted to download the DDS log-creation program.  Of course, can't even download it.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101° N, 0.2906° W

• Members
  • 5,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

.Use another working computer to download following tool....

Install Panda USB Vaccine

, or  BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on GOOD computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

Please follow the instructions in  THIS GUIDE  starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

(Credit Broni)

Edited by Condobloke, 12 September 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users