Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DRIVERS HELP. Going to clean Install Windows 7. Inspiron 570

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zeek1017

Zeek1017

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

How's it going?

I'm planning on doing a clean install of windows 7 via flash drive on my Inspiron 570. (Using Iso image from Digital River)

I've done the clean install before with no problem but ran into trouble installing internet  and other drivers

I wanted to  know if anyone could tell me the correct way and order to install the drivers, I need to get internet access after clean install

I've downloaded the LAN Driver from here. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=18795

I've also downloaded Modem, Audio, Chipset, Serial ATA, Video drivers from here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/product/inspiron-570

I've also downloaded the network drivers from the the Dell website but they didn't work for me last time, read up on the here as well. http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19458386.aspx

I'm trying to be as detailed as possible because i'm new to the technical aspect of computers

Also, are there any Windows 7 drivers I will need?

Bless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I think the logical way to do this is install in sequence :

Windows

Chipset drivers

SATA

Video

Audio

LAN  and WLAN

There is the possibility that Windows might ask for the SATA drivers either before or during the Windows install.

Given that you say that you have had a problem with the network I would get hold of a copy of 'Speccy' from here

www.piriform.com

A very useful utility which will tell - as well as far more information that you won't need at the time ! - exactly what hardware you have built into your computer. Armed with the knowledge of exactly what LAN and WLAN hardware you have, finding the correct drivers becomes much easier. One other tip - Dells very often come with a barcode on them somewhere. If you type the number off the barcode into Dell's support page you will get taken directly to a page where all your drivers are available.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 DavidBetournay

DavidBetournay

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Since Windows 6.x (6/7/8 are all Windows 6.x) it doesn't make much difference which order you install them in, it didn't much before either. It is good to install the chipset drivers early on but not important. Personally, I have done a million and one installs and the best things to do first are networking and video drivers. Why? Because then after you install them and reboot you can set the display to the proper resolution, the display will also be running hardware accelerated, and with networking running you can be downloading the Windows updates in the background as you download/copy a million other things to the system.

Basically, if you install the LAN driver - that is, if it doesn't install automatically from the Win7 install disk - you can use Windows Update and look at the Optional/Recommended updates and a lot of the drivers for your system will be listed to be installed automatically. However, it is always a best practice to be sure to have ethernet/wireless drivers before the install in case they aren't included with Windows.

Good Luck,

David Betournay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users