Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing and Buzzing Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dog6611

dog6611

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Recently my computer has been freezing at random times and a buzzing sound is emmiting from my speakers.

I haven't found a cause for this, sometimes it happens when I'm watching videos and sometimes it happens when I'm playing games,

I will attach a copy of my DxDiag log here.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Dog6611

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

With regards to the buzzing, I have come across the odd video where this happens, and my usual cure has been to stop it and restart it.

As for the freezing, you say 'recently'. How recently ? If it is a matter of a week or two, I would suggest trying restoring your Windows using a restore point that dated from before this problem occurred. Be aware that if you do this, you will have all the updates to redo from that date, and as it is possible that one of them triggered the problem, re-install them one at a time.

If the buzzing is associated with the freezing, and the wording of your post does not make this clear, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Silverneo

Silverneo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

This happens to me as well. when playing WoW. It's my nvidia kernel crashing. I even get the buzzing sound. Much like the bsod for the video card. No amount of updates is fixing it but running with directx 9 as opposed to dx11 in the game lowers the amount of failures. I use an nvidia gtx 560 ti.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users