Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

me

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eddoran

eddoran

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

HI :tophat:  MY NAME IS ED AND I AM IMPRESSED WITH WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. I WAS LOOKING ON HOW TO CLEAN MY COMPUTER IN GOOGLE WHEN LO AND BEHOLD I FOUND YOU. :clapping: 

I AM IN OHIO AND ORIGINALLY FROM WEST CHESTER, PA UNTIL I LEFT THERE AT THE AGE OF 73 TEN YEARS AGO. I SPEND ABOUT SEVEN TO TEN HOURS A DAY ON MY PC.  :bounce: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Welcome aboard Ed,

Cleaning a PC is a great idea and the download section here at BC has the tools . If you are like me, then you admire the casual users who learn to maintain their current systems so as to avoid laying down bucks for a replacement. But in hindsight, instead of all the hardware upgrades at 10s of dollars a shot, maybe getting  shiny new 64 bit system would have been the way to go, but 10s of dollars is a wee bit more palatable than 100s.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 eddoran

eddoran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

THANK YOU 513. I AM TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER TO PURCHASE A REFURBISHED XP PC FOR $45.00(FROM THE OFFICIAL MSN REFURBISHER) LIKE THE ONE I  HAVE THAT NEEDS THE ERROR CORRECTED THAT IS   LISTED IN MY INTRODUCTION AND A CLEANING AFTER 4 YEARS OF USE

YGRENYS 315 - ONE QUESTION TO YOU IS "WHY A 64 BIT"? THANK YOU SNERGY 513. :tophat: 

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Lets see, i think there is a section under the hardware group on "advice for buying a PC"

XP group in the operating systems section is a good place for a new topic about errors.

64 bit to 32 bit is like comparing a 4-lane highway to an 8-lane highway, and the cars are compared to data. twice the traffic moved  in the same amount of time.

but really, after it is all said and done , 64 bit windows 7 is notably better at utilizing sky-high (16GB+) RAM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users