Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Barracuda Website Filtering and Symantec Endpoint Protection Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HelpingHands

HelpingHands

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Long story short...I lost my job yesterday based on the fact that a "random" check was done on a few computers with the Barracuda Website Filtering. Since I log onto my computer at the beginning of the day and don't log out until 5 any activity will appear under my name even if I locked my screen and leave my apps running. Now keep in mind 4 people have used this computer before me, and while I was out for a month others used my computer. In the past 2 months I have seen the Symantec message Web Attack: Exploit Kit Variant Activity 3 when I turn on my computer run a scan that found nothing and wasn't notified by the tech monitors of anything so I assumed everything was ok. Until yesterday when I was told that the Barracuda Website Filtering had monitored me going to multiple adult content websites that I had never heard of or seen for 1-4 or 5 min sessions. Some of the times I was out to lunch. The head of the tech department was called in as I was stating that it could be a virus, worm anything that could have been running in the background. The tech expert said it's not true you have to actually visit those pages  she said they can't run in the background

Was it possible I was infected and was not caught? I did not go to those sites. Your thoughts

Edited by HelpingHands, 11 September 2013 - 02:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users