Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Gmail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RachelWiz

RachelWiz

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi everyone.  I am recently having trouble with google loading slowly and gmail giving me an error message when I try to open a message.

I get the following error:

Screenshot_1_zps71ec9414.png

My connection is fine, though I have rebooted my router and modem a few times for shiggles.  It does not improve anything.  All other sites work fine, but Facebook is a little slow too.

My gmail downloads to my phone just fine on the same WiFi connection, so I have trouble believing that it really is a connection issue.

I am using a laptop with Windows 8 on a Cable modem connection.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hold the windows key and press "r" in the run box type cleanmgr; the disk cleanup should run through once this completes.. re-open the run box erase cleanmgr and type control panel... locate network and internet  click on it and then click on internet options.. in the internet options window click on delete in the browsing history then click on delete in the next window.. this should help accessing the emails.

#3 RachelWiz

RachelWiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I recently deleted cookies and cache, and that did not fix it.  I am beginning to think it is something to do with my connection now.  I'm at a different location and not having issues at all.

I will try your suggestions though.  Thanks.

#4 RachelWiz

RachelWiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

OK, so I had over 10 gigs of temporary internet files.  Wow.

Followed your directions and gmail still takes forever to load.  I don't have problems opening individual emails any longer though.

#5 RachelWiz

RachelWiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I can't figure out how to edit the title, but this is resolved.

Turns out it was a signal strength issue and Comcast fixed it for me.

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users