Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with wireless switch on Sony Vaio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonyvaiohelp

sonyvaiohelp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hello. I have a sony VAIO laptop with Windows Vista on it. Recently, it seems that my wireless switch on the laptop has some sort of short or is malfunctioning. Everytime I push it to the right to the on position, the light will only cut on for a quick second. Sometimes when I spend up to 10+ minutes wiggling the button around then the light will stay on. Even once you eventually get it on, the smallest touch or wiggle of the laptop will cause it to cut off. I have searched Google endlessly for a fix hoping to find a way around this. While searching Google, it seemed that there could be a way to permanently enable the wifi card using the network and share center through the OS. My question to you all is, is there a way to fix this by just cutting on a wireless switch permanently from the software and bypassing the switch or is the only way to go into the laptop and fix the switch issue? Please let me know anything you think may help. Here is a picture of a similar laptop: http://laptops.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/sony-vaio.jpg. The wireless switch is on the fright right of the laptop near the corner. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

WiFi USB adapters start at less than $7, including shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users