Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDTV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

What does it really mean when it says it has a built-in digital tuner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

What does it really mean when it says it has a built-in digital tuner

A built-in digital tuner is a tuner that can handle "over the air" (aka OTA) digital TV signals from your local network stations (i.e. NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, PBS). All you will need is an antenna.

It might also receive unencrypted/protected cable stations if you get cable...if your cable operator offers any. This again will be typically your network stations (i.e. NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS) and "local access" stations (i.e. stuff that might broadcast school board or city council meetings, etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users