Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Potential threat in Email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trockl

Trockl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to this forum and would like to know if I could post a certain link that has been sent to me this morning. I suspect that this link may have infected my pc, but I am not sure about it, since it may just be an adware site. I have already doubled checked with virus total but unfortuantely the results do not help me out. Would any of the mods/users be willing  to inspect this link or direct me to a site that gives me a detailed analsis of whether or not the site infected my pc?

For people asking if I have run Antivirus/Malware checks, yes I have and nothing has been found, which kind of leads me to think that this might be either something really serious or just a regular adware spam site.

IF I posted in the wrong forum section please redirect me, as I said, I am new and do not know too much about the bleepingcomputer community.

Thank you very much in advance

regards,

trockl

PS: I never click fishy links per se, however, it just happend that I mistook the link with some important information from the same friend that send me the email.

Edited by Trockl, 11 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

:welcome:

Please do not post active links to malware or possible malware related sites to include links which may lead to sites where infections have been contracted and spread. If it is malicious, we don't want other members accidentally clicking on such a link and infecting their machines.

You can always check suspicious sites using various URL Link Scanners:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Trockl

Trockl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I totally agree with you, people should not post, nor spread infectious links. Most of the sites above were helpful. Now I am sure it wasnt a drive-by, just a simple survey/phishing site.

regards,

trockl

Edited by Trockl, 11 September 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

You're welcome. Safe surfing and have a malware free day.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users