Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

e-mail attachment won't open.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dan9119a

dan9119a

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

I am running Windows Vista that has Windows Mail as its e-mail program.  I have recieved e-mails with attachments.  When I attempt to open the attachments I get the ollowing message-"This file does not have a program associated with itfor performing this action.  Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."  How do I do this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 terlan

terlan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hi

click start button.

click the default programs link below control panel. (if it isnt there open control panel, click programs, click default Programs)

click "Associate a file type or protocol with a program"

find the file type / extension of the attachment from the list if it ius there and select change program.

navigate to the program you want to open it with.

or.

Save the file attachment, open the foilder you saved it to and right click it.

select open with...

navigate to the program you want to open it with.

If you dont know what program opens the attachment. a google search should tell you just type "what programs opens a .cpt file" and you should get an idea

You can also use file.org it usually has a nice detailed answer, if you dont mind the odd pop up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users