Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI audio problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anoft

anoft

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

When I plug in my laptop to my Technika tv via hdmi it always plays sound through the laptop speakers instead of the tv speakers. In the sound settings it says that none of the hdmi devices are plugged in but it is. I have tried turning off the tv, unplugging then plugging back in but the only thing that sorts the problem is reinstalling the realtek hd audio driver each time i want to play something through the tv. It's a custom build laptop. It was working fine a couple weeks ago, I havent installed any new software or updates and ive done a rollback. Ive just got no idea what else to do or what the problem is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I don't think it will matter, but have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI port on the TV?

#3 anoft

anoft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I don't think it will matter, but have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI port on the TV?

Yes I've tried all the ports on my tv and I've also changed the cable both to no avail

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

The only other thing that I can think to suggest would be to look in the settings for the video graphics card.  Sometimes you need to turn on sound support for an HDMI port attached to the graphics card.  I admit that I don't know if this applies for laptops as it is generally more for desktops with dedicated graphics cards that have HDMI ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users