Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Usage high with Windows 7 64 Bit, i have an Inspiron 570. No Malware found

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zeek1017

Zeek1017

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hows it going?

I recently reinstall Windows 7 from DigitalRiver a few days ago and everything seemed fine but Sunday i almost did a bogus Google Chrome installation but MalwareBytes Pro caught the threat and i removed it. Ever since then my CPU usage has been fluctuating from around 30 at the lowest and i've seen it reached a 100 a few times. It usually runs pretty high in Task Manager when i'm browsing on Chrome or Firefox as well. I installed Process explorer to try to find anything suspicious but didn't find much. I've ran TDSS, MalwareBytes Pro, and Super Anti-Spyware in Safe Mode and out of Safe Mode, didn't find anything. I have screenshots of my processes in both Task Manager and Process Explorer in Word documents but i'm not sure how to post them in this forum.

Too be honest, I noticed my PC was fluctuating in the past before i re installed Windows again so my next guess is that it might just be a hardware issue. I've had problems with this Inspiron since i bought it in 2011.

I'm planning on doing one more scan with Malwarebytes and Avast. Windows is showing the update notification/exclamation point so after the scan i'll restart it and see what happens. In the meantime can anyone help me post these screen shots?

Greatly Appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrgodai

mrgodai

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

which process(es) is using up the CPU?

#3 Zeek1017

Zeek1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm reading in Process Explorer that "SearchFilterHost" and "SearchProtocolHost" are using the most CPU, i have no clue with that is but i'm guessing it's not a threat. Other than those two System/Interrupts are around 3.4 and i see Chrome, Itunes, some antivirus/spyware programs. I notice csrss.exe which isn't showing a path with a couple others like ism.exe but i don't know if that's normal or not. I'm trying to figure out how to post these screenshots so it would be easier for everybody to see.

#4 Zeek1017

Zeek1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Now i'm pretty sure these are infections. Csrss.exe , winlogon.exe, and atieclxx.exe. My computer locked up at 100% and wouldn't let me browser. All of these files are infected, they don't have paths of locations. What scans should i run?

#5 Zeek1017

Zeek1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'm thinking about using hitman pro. I have virus scanners i haven't used, emisoftEmergencyKit and Microsoft sercuirty essentials

#6 Zeek1017

Zeek1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Okay i got the usage down, now i'm trying give my system a nice clean but i can't run Rogue Killer. Anybody know a good "rename" i tried to run it "winlogon.exe" and "iexplorer.exe " already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users