Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Latency Spikes - Sound/Video Stutter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thematt917

thematt917

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wanted to clarify that I have dug for solutions for weeks including this site. It's likely I missed a solution.

Alright, this has been going on for weeks and I've tried most every possible solution I have found on the internet. It began when I noticed a loud and abrupt screech on my speakers when listening to music on my work PC. It was extremely quick, almost like someone tapped the FFW button on a tape for half a second. As the days progressed I noticed it would often happen with more frequency and even noticed my entire screen would flicker. There are a few YouTube videos of the same issue happening (can't seem to remember the search terms) and the comments section is usually filled with solutions. I'll post what I've tried out of the 30 million solutions I've read and hopefully you guys can further help me out. My PC is home-built about 6 months ago, I do the same work on it about 60-70 hours a weeks and do absolutely no hardware tweaking.

1. My first idea was a virus. Malwarebytes found some small spyware, cleared it, problem persisted.
  2. I assumed the soundcard(on board), added a cheap PCI card. Problem persisted.
  3. I read that uninstalling Malwarebytes solved the issue for many. Problem persisted.
  4. I discovered it could be observed through my PC latency. http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4599/9ig5.png 
    Each spike is when my audio screeches, the larger spikes usually produce a visual hiccup as well.
  5. I read that outdated drivers could cause the issue. I installed all new drivers (Video, Audio, MOBO components). Problem persisted.
  6. I read that incorrect/unused drivers could cause the issue. Installed Autoruns. Disabled drivers one at a time to find a culprit. None found.
  7. I read that wireless drivers cause the issue. My PC is hardwired into our company firewall and has no wireless adapter.
  8. ***I read that a poorly installed/removed USB device could cause issues. I noticed my device manager refreshing it self frequently. Installed usbdeview and uninstalled any USB drivers that weren't "stock". My device manager still refreshes constantly. There are no Unknown or yellow devices in my list. (*** May be unrelated, not sure)
  9. Read to delete various programs from StartUp. I have hardly any programs there and they are all familiar.
  10. Not attempted: Reformatting - Read that the problem will continue to persist.

So this is where I stand. I really hate the feeling that nobody has figured this out and the issues date back to the release of Windows 7. Thanks for helping!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz
8GB of RAM
DirectX 11 installed
NVIDIA GeForce GT520 - two monitors
AS Rock Z68 PRO3 GEN3

Edited by thematt917, 10 September 2013 - 11:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users