Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot issues Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ekdar123

ekdar123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS that's about 16 months old.

I am stuck in an infinite boot loop where it gets to the Windows load screen, freezes, flashes BSOD for a fraction of a second, and starts over.  It will do this as long as I allow it.  Using the Startup Repair does nothing, and I'm unable to start in any of the Safe Mode options.  I do not have a Windows 7 install disk.

The only changes I'm aware of from when my machine went from working to not: I installed a couple Windows Updates and I installed a free version of McAfee from theit website using a product key that my job provided me.  I had been running Windows Security Essentials before this.  The morning after making these installs is when my machine was no longer working.  I had no issues with the updates installing or shutting down during the update.

I've used the utility by pressing the Function key on boot and that returned no errors for the hardware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide further details if needed.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Are you aware that you shouldn't have two anti virus products on your PC? They conflict and cause problems.

#3 ekdar123

ekdar123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

McAfee said during the install it would remove/disable MSE.  I am unable to get to a point where I can remove one or the other, unless I can do it from a Command Prompt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users