Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not start up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Smeghead040

Smeghead040

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hi everyone I've never used one of these sites before ,I don't know much. About computers exept. how to download and basic stuff,I know all the parts in my pc and have changed several in the past...my problem is that my tower won't start up the fan comes on but the. Monitor don't light up,the monitor works ok ...I've checked all the connections , I've changed the power supply ,still nothing,the tower does not even beep when it comes on. Tried changing the video card ,hope someone can help as kids need it for school and I can't afford for it to go to shop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

You might need to take a step back and re connect everything in the computer.. connect the power connectors that are coming from the power supply using on for the hard drive.. one for the CD/DVD drive make sure the power switch is connected to the mother board correctly, then insert the minimum amount of memory that is required.. if it boots begin to add more (little by little) and see if it boots again.. Its possible that you hve too much connected at once.. 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Have you checked the manufacturer's support webpage for similar situations and suggestions how to overcome?

You either changed or did not change the video card...no such thing as "tried", so which is it?

What makes you so sure the monitor is OK?

Have you tried removing all RAM...and then trying to boot?  The result should be beep codes indicating that you have a RAM problem.

Louis

#4 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Try replacing the mobo battery. A lot of computers won't bring the monitor to life if the mobo battery is dead. Why ? Because with a dead mobo battery the bios does not put in the video settings needed to bring the monitor to life.

#5 Smeghead040

Smeghead040
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Thanks for all the replies,got home last night and tried the suggestions. Still the same, monitor works fine as I took it down my mates tried it on his pc. Still no beep on start up the specs are..... Foxconn amd chipset a6gmv with windows 7 .. I'm going to try and change the battery tonight .... Any more suggestions... Thanks a lot for your time..

#6 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well, did changing the mobo battery fix it ?

#7 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

you have a Windows install disc? If so, put it in and allow the computer to boot from CD Drive.

#8 twinb

twinb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I have an issue where my windows 7 goes straight to sleep or hibernation from the powered off mode.  cannot get it to go to safe mode or any function buttons to work.  I turn it off by the power button and try to catch it when it comes on but it only flashes for a second which apparently is not long enough to get a function button to work.  then its asleep again.  I have gotten it on before but my electric was out for 8n hours and now im back to square one.

Sounds like you have a much worse problem and will have to replace a more serious part sorry but you are right the kids need it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users