Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

samsung laptop 300e4c/300e5c/300e7c wont boot a cd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeffrrey

jeffrrey

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

hi guys ..

am jeffrey , i just bought a laptop of from shop it has windows 8 single language .4gb ram .1000 gb hdd / to be honest iam not a win 8 user i dont even know how to use it / so i decided to put win 7 on my laptop ,but the problem is my laptop wont boot a cd . i tried a lot of win 7 cd but it wont boot up .i tried to go to bios when my computer turn on by pressing f8 and selecting the cd rom but still wont boot up .plz if there is any solution hlp plz guz and thanks in advance :

Mod Edit: removed personal contact details to save you from spammers

Edited by Platypus, 10 September 2013 - 09:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

If a system cannot boot from CD/DVD when the optical drive is the first boot device, then there is a fault preventing the drive from operating correctly. Basically the possibilities are a dirty laser lens (cleaning), a faulty drive (eg laser failed) or a problem with the interface to the drive. If the drive is removable, extract and reinsert it in case there's a bad contact. Otherwise, get the store to remedy the fault.

Edited by Platypus, 10 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

To to what Platypus posted, you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device and the hdd the second device.

You should read this article at PCMAG.com before deciding to install Windows 7 over Windows 8.

Edited by dc3, 10 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Why not do what I did?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-menu-in-windows-8-with-classic-shell/

Windows 8 no longer includes the traditional Start Menu that Windows users have become associated with using. Instead they replaced it with a new interface called the Windows Start Screen that many people find to be not as intuitive as the traditional Start Menu. This is especially the case if you are not using a touch screen. With this in mind, a free program called Classic Shell has been updated to support the ability to add a Start Menu to Windows 8.

This computer now boots to the desktop and operates as if it had Windows 7, However it is still the newest Windows. Or You can wait until October and do the free upgrade to Windows 8.1

From Here: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-8-1-1161745/review

The big headline news is that the Start button has returned to Windows 8 with Windows 8.1, although it still goes to the Start screen rather than the Start menu. There is also more integration between the desktop and Start screen to stop the jarring of the two interfaces.

There will also be a boot-to-desktop feature in the final build

Plus Windows 7 Will boot slower on that laptop than Windows 8.

To summarize, With Classic Shell I like Windows 8 as much as Windows 7.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 jeffrrey

jeffrrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

thanks guys  .. 

i ll do that and i'll update you soon 

#6 jeffrrey

jeffrrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

hey guys i have another problem i hope you can hlp

...i have this huawei moderm e173u-1 

imei 862910017728178

can any one hlp me i need to unlock this moderm so i can use in my country . i bought its from china

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users