Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Login Password will not delete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alive247

alive247

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Keeps re - enabling it's self

Its A HP Laptop that had HP simplepass (HP Password & Finger Print Manager) on it with bio reader. Have deleted profiles in Simplepass and uninstalled it.

Used Passwordreset to change password and then after going into cp/user accounts I have removed password.

Upon reboot Windows asks for password everytime.

2nd time I have come accross this and have no solution as yet.

Any pointers?

Regards Phil

Edited by alive247, 09 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alive247

alive247
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Am creating new user profile - will update

Edited by alive247, 10 September 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

From HP Site -

Can multiple people log into the same PC with the fingerprint reader ?
Yes, multiple people can log into the same computer with the fingerprint reader if each has their own user account.

How do I logon to Windows with the fingerprint reader ?
After you have enrolled your fingerprint(s), you can logon to Windows by simply swiping your finger across the fingerprint reader instead of typing your password in the Windows logon screen.

Can I use a different finger to log into my PC after enrolling my fingerprints ?
If you want to use a different finger to log into the same account, you can clear your fingerprints, and then set up the fingerprint reader again to read a different fingerprint. This process will not affect your ability to access your Windows Vista account

You will be able to do so by manually inputting your user name and password, as before.

NOTE : This lists Vista, { Windows Vista account. } but I believe it is common to all

Alternately, you create another account, in addition to the account for which you have already registered a finger, then you can use a different finger to log into the new account. You can register up to five fingers.

How do I clear my fingerprints and start again?
To delete an enrolled fingerprint:

1.In the HP ProtectTools Security Manager , go to the Fingerprints screen.
2.Click the enrolled finger that you want to delete.
3.When the delete confirmation appears, click Yes to delete.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 11 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users