Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB 3.0 on Asus motherboard not noticed by original install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Ok, so I'm working on a computer with an Asus motherboard that has USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. The 2.0 and 3.0 are not recognized by the original users install,Che device manager gives error 19. But when I put a secondary drive in and install windows, by default windows recognized all the ports. How can I either a.) copy a driver or some how get the other drivers installed, or b.) fix error 19. I already did he deleting upper and lower filter thing. I've uninstalled it and tried to install them using the drivers folder on the secondary drive, windows said I had the most up to dare drivers already even though I get the error 19.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Have you tried re-installing the drivers from ASUS support?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Zestypanda

Zestypanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes, it says successfully installed. -_- yet windows says it fails to install device (notification center popup) and device manager still reports error 19. Creating a new account on original hard drive does not fix registry error.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sometimes a failed install can prevent all subsequent installs from functioning correctly. Have you tried using Safe Mode to delete the USB drivers (including any "phantom" multiple installations that Safe Mode might reveal)? And in a stubborn case I would also try remaining in Safe Mode to re-install the drivers. If it's the common situation where the USB2 drivers are provided as part of the chipset support and the USB3 drivers are independent, the chipset drivers are best done first.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Zestypanda

Zestypanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ohhhh, ok. I will test that. Yeah, not fun to use a ps2 mouse. Thank gosh for optical mouses. I'm guessing the clean install has the usb2.0 drivers installed and not the 3.0 and I bet if I plugged in my USB 3.0 hd it might say "this device can perform faster" ok I will try in safemode. I will keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users