Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD 0x0000007B (0xBA4C3524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 elmontro

elmontro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I have been trying to fix this BSOD code 0x0000007B (0xBA4C3524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) but i havent had any luck. Does anybody know how to fix it without having to do a clean instalation? My computer is Dell Optiplex 740 with Winxp pro.

Thank you...... 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click in the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Edited by dc3, 09 September 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 elmontro

elmontro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click in the Reply to Topic box, then right click and then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Hey Arachibutyrophobia,

Thank you for you response but I am unable to boot my computer. After it goes through the post the BSOD comes up. I tried going into safe mode but still I got the BSOD right away.

I also tried using the recovery console with the commands fixboot and fixmbr but the problem is still not solved.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Ahhh... holding out on the information.  That will be a five yard penalty, unsportsmanlike conduct.

Do you have or have access to a XP installation disc.  If you do then you could do a repair installation which will not effect your data.

An aside:  You don't need to quote my post in your reply.  

Where your user name is located in your post is where my user name is located in my reply.  My name is dc3, my member title is Arachibutyrophobia.  Once you reach a thousand posts you can change your member title to one you prefer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 elmontro

elmontro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I apologize for the mistake.... and yes I do have access to my xp installation disc.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi

BSOD 0x7B is caused by Windows failure to access the booting hard drive.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559218(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : File system corruption, Change in SATA mode , failing hard drive etc.  

Please try the below steps one by one.

:step1: Change the data cable of HDD.

To rule out the possibility of a faulty cable, change it with a known good one or borrow the cable connected to the optical drive for testing.

ide-cables.jpg 

sata.gif 

:step2: Backup important data.

If the system is failing to boot, copy all the important data to an external medium.  You can use a small sized live Linux CD like Puppy to boot the system using the CD drive.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/puppy-5.6/slacko-5.6-PAE.iso

:step3: Run check disk.

Boot to the recovery console and  enter the below command to begin a check disk operation on C drive.

CHKDSK C: /R

This will fix any possible file system corruption.

:step4: Run HDD diagnostics.

As the issue might probably caused by a failing HDD, it is necessary to run a diagnostic test. Please post the make and model of your hard drive in next reply.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Not a big deal.

This error can be caused by a corrupt driver, hardware, or a virus.

We can check the hdd with the manufacturer's diagnostic tool, there usually will be a ISO file which can be burned to a disc which you can boot from.  For this we will need to know who the manufacturer is.

Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below.  

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER
You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press  R.

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.   If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.

The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.  

#8 elmontro

elmontro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

is the repair going to wipe my hdd?

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

No, a repair install won't effect your data.

#10 elmontro

elmontro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thank you dc3 My computer booted up, but some applications such as thunderbird lost all the emails I had save. But at least thanks to your help I am able to boot up the sistem

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

It's rare that data is lost when doing a repair installation, I apologize for the loss.

Now that you can boot into Windows I would suggest that you run chkdsk /r, this will repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information.

Click on Start, click on Run and type cmd in the box and press Enter.  

You will see an image similar to the one below.

Screenshot2.jpg

Type in or copy and paste chkdsk /r in the Command Prompt and then press Enter.  If you type this in be aware of the space between chkdsk and /r.

You will get the following message:

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.  Would you like to shcedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  (Y/N)

Press the Y key, then press Enter

Restart your computer to run the scan.  This has five sections and will take some time.  Please don't try to use your computer while this scan is running.

A log file will be created which can be found in winlogon.  This can be found in the Event Viewer under Applications.

Click on Start, type eventvwr.msc then click on Enter.  Click on Application and select the most recent winlogon entry.

Please copy and then paste this in your next post.

Edited by dc3, 10 September 2013 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users