Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to transfer ColorNote file to PC ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 cuhkwan

cuhkwan

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hi forum,

I've got some files of "ColorNote" which is an Android app in my smarphone.

Is it possible to transfer the ColorNote files to my Win7 PC ? 

( I tied before, but Win7 couldn't read and open ColorNote files.)

Also, I couldn't find the PC version of ColorNote.  I hope that if there is any other way which could just open the ColorNote data files.

Thanks forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Currently there is no way to transfer Color Note files or data to the Windows OS and have them readable. You will need to import/copy the Color Note data to another application such as Evernote or Chrome/Google app Keep. Which are then accessible through Windows.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cuhkwan

cuhkwan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Thanks! :thumbup2:

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

You're welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 renc2000

renc2000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Currently there is no way to transfer Color Note files or data to the Windows OS and have them readable. You will need to import/copy the Color Note data to another application such as Evernote or Chrome/Google app Keep. Which are then accessible through Windows.

Truthfully, I'm actually having the same problems that cuhkwan had. Except I don't know how to bring them back up on my phone or transfer them on my pc. Evernote didn't do anything. I did not try Google app "Keep" yet, and I suppose I should give that a shot.

The files are still showing up on my phones memory, but this Colornote app for some reason is just not recognizing them or it just can't read them for some reason. Basically, last month, my phone malfunctioned and I had to do a system restore. Well, I backed up everything and synced everything. And after that system restore, Colornote is the only things that can't for some reason restore the files I had.

At this point, if I could just simply TRANSFER them to my PS and convert them to a readable form, that's all I really care about.

Any advice and help from anyone that knows how to solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by renc2000, 21 November 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I still stand by my original statement that there is no way to transfer files from your android to Windows and have them readable. However after extensive searching today and reading about 45 different discussions about ColorNote recovery possibilities. I found one that actually said they were able to read their notes. I have not tried it nor know how the process works as I am SQL illiterate. But this is the only mention I was able to find that resulted in any success.

This is what I found: http://blog.nobytes.com/2012/03/android-colornote-notes-recovery.html

I know more about ColorNote than I ever wanted to know now. Interestingly I quit using the app over 18 months ago, in favor of an alternative.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 1fedup

1fedup

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Site admin. I really like colornote but I am not all that computer savy, so until they make it easy to sync with PC I am looking elsewhere. You mentioned you are using an alternative. Could you please tell me which one so that I can check it out? Thanks for your help. Cheers, 

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

My alternative: http://simplenote.com/

And if you rather have an application on the PC instead of opening a web browser.

http://resoph.com/ResophNotes/Welcome.html

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 1fedup

1fedup

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thank you so much. Cheers

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

You're quite welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 Zaki494

Zaki494

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hello everyone,

After struggling for over a week with color note to put all my notes on different phones, (Samsung note 3-old reliable, Samsung 4 also old but I live in 2 countries with different providers. Replaced by S5 Duo but still working on the kinks. And my daughter in the UK with 2 SIMs that I pay for, but the one I call on never seems on? I bought her a Samsung SIII Neo Duo).

This is not about Samsung nor about any of the particular apps I mention here, it's about how I managed to sync everything to all the phones. In short I used:

1. Android Assistant (amazing app) for syncing apps. Export to google cloud then sync with other phones by downloading then installing. Although this is laborious, I have 392 apps. Sometimes some apps are not compatible with certain phone firm wares.

2. color note sync with samsung (Google cloud/drive account) which allows you to sync to any phone once you use the same password on color note and google drive. It takes seconds, and when you create a note in one phone, through auto sync the note appears in all my 4 phones.

3. Contacts/messages/photos/videos etc... I used phone copier express soft on windows but you have to do it unit by unit. Apparently you can sync through samsung account (which is google drive really) but outlook so messed up my contacts, that from 2,332 cards I now have 10,017 cards!

I wish the guy who created Android Assistant can offer all these functions in his app, it would be a life saver. As you may be able to tell windows is not always a good solution across platforms. I am traditionally wary of having my data on a server but I used google drive out of desperation. It was seamless.

Some practical advise for those who might be struggling like me.

#12 thesnideone

thesnideone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

OK..........

I found http://www.bluestacks.com/

This is an Android emulator for PC.

Next....set it up and download the ColorNote app.

How do I import ColorNote data (backed up on the PC hard drive) into the app?

#13 Rajeshvbc

Rajeshvbc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Here is the solution for this issue.

You can use Bluetooth to transfer files from Mobile to PC.

Check this Link

http://androidforums.com/threads/colornote-to-pc-pc-to-colornote.555201/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users