Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 home basic wont boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 quanchi100

quanchi100

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Plz guys help me. I have a sony viao laptop with windows 7 home basic  and all of a sudden it wont boot it get stuck on the loading windows page  and tried to boot it from safe mode but it gets struck after loading the file called aswrvrt.sys and ran the repair my computer option which just shows a blank screena nd nothing more . i dont have a backup even i have impotant files in c . i searched about aswrvrt it says its  a avast file . is that causing the problem ? even if so i cant remove it beacuse it wont boot plz help me as soon as possible. waiting for ur reply . thanks in advance  :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

You can access the Windows 7 System Recovery Options using a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or by using a system repair disc if you created one earlier.

To use this method, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the disc or USB flash drive.

• Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.

• Restart your computer using the computer's power button.

• When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear.

• On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  • If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer.

• Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.

• On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.

#3 quanchi100

quanchi100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thank u for taking the time to reply to me . but when i bought this laptop it had the OS pre installed in it but it is the original OS so i dont have an installation disc and i dont have a repair disc is there no other way to recover my data and fix it ? :(

i just noticed that on the bottom of the laptop there is a label which saya a product key for the OS will that help in anyways ?

Edited by quanchi100, 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

How to get a free legal copy of a Windows 7 installation disk

#5 quanchi100

quanchi100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

i saw in the website but they do not give download for windows 7 home basic :(

#6 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Try Home Premium.

#7 quanchi100

quanchi100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

iam downloading windows 7 home premiumx64 bit .iso file now . shall i just copy that to a pen drive and use it to boot it once the downlaod is done ?

Edited by quanchi100, 09 September 2013 - 12:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users