Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 weeman651

weeman651

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

I have had a Toshiba Satellite L455D for 3 years now and I was on it earlier today and it froze up on me and I waited for about 10 mins to unfreeze but it was STUCK I even tried to ctrl/alt/delete it did NOTHING. So I hard shut it down and now when I try to turn it on it makes all the proper noises turning on and everything (Hard drive scan, cpu fan spinning up, and all the proper leds come on) but the screen stays black and nothing happens and I don't know what to do???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

You can access the Windows 7 System Recovery Options using a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or by using a system repair disc if you created one earlier.

To use this method, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the disc or USB flash drive.

• Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.

• Restart your computer using the computer's power button.

• When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear.

• On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  • If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer.

• Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.

• On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.

#3 weeman651

weeman651
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

You can access the Windows 7 System Recovery Options using a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or by using a system repair disc if you created one earlier.

To use this method, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the disc or USB flash drive.

• Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.

• Restart your computer using the computer's power button.

• When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear.

• On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  • If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer.

• Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.

• On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.

Thank you very much but i figured it out! and it had some thing to do with the hardware!

And for people in the future with this problem there are some definite things you need to check when having this problem!

1. When booting you computer hold a flashlight up to your screen and see if anything shows up if something does then that mean you back light is out and you JUST need the monitor fixed OR you can plug in a different one!

2. If you monitor doesn't show anything then try and take you ram sticks out and put them in, in a different order for maybe on of you ram disk's is broken or your ram slot if it is just the ram then you can just go out and buy a new one!

3.If still you computer will not boot then it is either your motherboard (hard to fix and expensive) you should just look into getting a new computer because you might be able to take it to a place and get it fixed but you will always have reoccurring problems, Or it is your gpu which I'm not sure how to fix, and finally you cpu is dead (this rarely happens because your cpu is pretty much the brain of your computer but luckily enough it happened to be my problem but i just went and put a different cpu in my computer and turned it on and it booted as if nothing happened).

So i hope this help anyone with this problem it definitely help me with my computer!

Edited by weeman651, 09 September 2013 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users