Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Expiro Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 viper_tarun

viper_tarun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hi,

I'll keep it short. My computer seems to be heavily infected by the expiro virus. I have run Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Anti Rootkit multiple times but the virus returns to haunt me. Earlier the Pc was very slow but after a few scans it is now functioning normally but the virus is persistent. I am uploading the logs from the dds scan here. Please help.

Regards

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have bad news for you.

Expiro ist the same infection as the Virut virus, a polymorphic malware which has no own files but injects itself into executable files to be launched. There is no way to cure this infection completely because you never know which files are currently infected.

I strongly recommend to save your files to CD/DVD (don´t use flash devices!) and wipe the hard drive completely to reinstall windows.

Don´t save any .exe files because you would reinfect your fresh system.

I´m sorry that I don´t have better news for you.

:(

Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

#3 viper_tarun

viper_tarun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh well Thanks anyways guys!........Well I'm off to formatting.......Thanks Again

#4 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users