Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Freezes During Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crybllrd

crybllrd

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

I live abroad, went back to the States for 4 months, and started having this problem soon after my return to Asia.

When I left, I didn't seem to have any problems. I unplugged my PC for the duration of my leave. I returned last week, plugged her in, and she worked fine,

The next day, however, when I booted her up, nothing seemed to happen. I hit the power button as usual, but the screen stayed black as if no signal. I checked cords and connections, still nothing.

After a few more tries it started to boot, then froze at the screen that shows my motherboard, and says press f2 to go to bios, etc.

I again restarted, same problem. I tried yet again, and everytime I boot, it will either do nothing (screen black, orange monitor light on as if no  signal, but I see/hear fans running), or freeze 1 or 2 seconds in to boot.

I really don't know what else to try, as I can't do much.

Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 touchwithram

touchwithram

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

* scan computer with malwarebytes and remove all the infections except windows file

* delete temp, %temp% fiels by click on Start and go to run and type there one by one and hit Enter key on keyboard and delete all the files (Note: few files will not delete,, no need to worry about it)

*Download Auton.exe by below link

http://filehippo.com/download_autoruns/download/fe1fd8083a03ae890e890c0123aa053b/

Open it and go to Logon, Scheduled Tasks and uncheck all the icons (Uncheck Wireless icons if there will be any and you are using wireless internet on your computer)

* Restart the computer

It will work fine

If not, go to start and then run and type cmd and hit enter key on keyboard

and type there sfc /scannow and hit enter key, once it will complete Restart your computer again..

Enjoy then....

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I think Touchwithran has misread your post. His advice might be excellent, if only your computer was running - but it isn't !

There are two or three reasons for your computer not going past the boot screen, let's take a couple of them that do not require opening up your computer !

You are getting to the BIOS screen, so, press 'F2' while you can see it. This will bring up the BIOS system. Using the arrow keys, move along the top to a tab that says 'Boot priority' or something similar, and ensure that your hard drive is the first item in the list. You do this by using the up and down arrows to select your hard drive, press 'Enter' and then you will see instructions in the extreme right hand panel as to how to move your HDD up the list, if necessary. Normally, it is a matter of using the '+' and '-' keys. Then exit and save your changes, and see if your computer boots itself.. If it does, great.

If it doesn't boot itself after the above, but sits at a black screen with a blinking cursor, shut it down and re-boot. Then, at the BIOS screen, press the 'F8' key. This will bring up a menu of the drives attached to your computer in a form like : CD/DVD drive ( type No), HDD (type No.), HDD (type No.) [ if you have more than one HDD], USB drive(Type No). Again, use the up and down arrow keys to select the hard drive that has your Windows on it, then press enter. Your computer will start itself up again, and this time, hopefully, boot. Again, if it does, great.

If neither of these work, then it is probably time to have a look at your RAM just to make sure that it is properly seated.

If you have the Windows install disc for your computer, you can try to see if it will boot from that. If you don't have one, you can make a bootable repair disc from any other computer running Win 7, see below for instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/203061-create-system-repair-disc.html

Power up the computer, open the CD tray, put the disc in, turn off the computer and re-boot with the disc in the drive. follow the instructions and see where it gets you to.

If any of this solves your problem, great. If it doesn't, post back but include details of your computer - make, model etc.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users