Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Easy way out?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 flyinglotus

flyinglotus

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hey!

So I've been having some problem with bluescreens recently. This problem is not that new to me, but I can see that my technological skills is not set for far sea's. 
This is why I want help here at *computer. You see, my PC tends to have sudden crashes where the sound from the stereo is at one frequensy and the PC freezes -> 10sec bluescreen. 

I said I've had these problems before, but not saying the same things as this time.
I thought maybe it was the Windows Update that was needed (since I don't normally do update it ( have been more bogus to me than help)), but ended up restoring my PC to before the event. 

WLAN autoconfig, Faulting application name: DefaultTabSearch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521c1792 and NvStreamSvc seems to be the problem. (I think I disabled NvStreamSvc).

Hope this the right forum.

Please help me, I will make sure too help myself as much as you can help me!

Thanks! -FlyLo

Here is a Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ju1fiL8q0ujLbpVOOqHct3M

Attached is a MiniToolBox that you can use to address the errors.

EDIT> This happenes mostly when I play the online game League of Legends. I cant really see why this is a reason for the pc to crash, and this happenes 4/5 times an hour..

Attached Files

Edited by flyinglotus, 08 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

:welcome: to the forum mate.

Without the actual crash dumps, it is hard to tell the reason behind the crashes. Let us fix the event log errors first.

Your WLAN adapter driver is having some problem here.

Error: (09/09/2013 02:54:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

:step1: Update WiFI driver.

Uninstall TP-LINK Wireless Client Utility (Version: 7.0) from Control Panel --> Programs first. Then download and install the latest driver and utility from the below link.

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WN781ND_V2_Utility.zip

:step2: Remove browser hijackers.

There are browser hijacking programs in your system. These are not serious infections but considered as potentially unwanted.

Error: (09/08/2013 04:54:29 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: DefaultTabSearch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521c1792
Faulting module name: DefaultTabSearch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x521c1792
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00002db0
Faulting process id: 0x9fc
Faulting application start time: 0xDefaultTabSearch.exe0
Faulting application path: DefaultTabSearch.exe1
Faulting module path: DefaultTabSearch.exe2
Report Id: DefaultTabSearch.exe3

Please use Adwcleaner and Junkware removal tool to clean the toolbar.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

If the issue remains, please upload the actual crash dump files.

You can find the crash dump files inside C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy all the files located in that folder and zip them to a single file. Disable the "User Account Control" if you encounter a permission error. We need at least a minimum of three dumps to find a pattern. Attach the zipped dump with the next reply. If the file size is larger than 512KB, upload the zipped dumps to a free file hosting site and post the download link to it.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 08 September 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#3 flyinglotus

flyinglotus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hey, and thanks for the fast answer!

So I ran both program you recommended using and updated driver for my WLAN.
I had 2 bluescreens from both the programs, and I will give crash dumps first thing when I wake up.

Meanwhile, here are the technical information from last BSOD. (Don't know if this is the information you seek though.)

*** STOP: 0x0000101 (0x0000000000000019, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880009CF180, 0x0000000000000004)

Hope this helps.

Best regards. -Flylo

#4 flyinglotus

flyinglotus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I still had WLAN autoconfig errors and had BSOD, when playing LoL.

#5 flyinglotus

flyinglotus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

And third question. Is there another way to find the minidump files? There's no files in the folder called C:\Windows\Minidump, but it got a lock on the folder.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi

Please read the below guide and set Windows to write small memory dump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Also disable User Account Control.

Are you always getting the STOP: 0x0000101 bugcheck ?. This is one of the most difficult BSOD to troubleshoot. Most of the time bugcheck 101 is caused by a faulty CPU core than driver issues. Please try the below steps.

:step1: Update system BIOS.

Download version 3701 of the BIOS from the below link.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67M_PRO/#support_Download_30

Update BIOS using the EZFlash tool. Instructions are covered in the motherboard manual.

:step2: Uninstall virtual CD applications.

Kernel mode drivers used by virtual CD apps may cause BSOD issues with Windows 7. Please uninstall any installed virtual CD software at least as a test.

:step3: Run a CPU stress test.

Please read instructions from the below guide and run a CPU stress test using Prime95.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html

Run Prime95 and select  the Small FFTs test at first.

124395d1292674067-hardware-stress-test-p

Also select the round off checking on the advanced menu.

87940d1280318100t-hardware-stress-test-p

Run Prime95 for two hours (if the system didn't crashed in the middle of testing ) and attach the result.txt file created by it with the next reply.

#7 flyinglotus

flyinglotus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks, I will try this. I tried using bluescreenview too, but the minidumpfiles didn't exist? No files in it.. Very unsatisfying and so annoying. 

I also always had UAC disabled all time

Edited by flyinglotus, 09 September 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

If you have Ccleaner installed and are using the default settings...the developer decided that .dmp files are not worth saving and they are included in the alleged "unnecessary" files which Ccleaner routinely removes.

Louis

#9 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hi

Yes, CCleaner and Windows disk cleanup will delete the dumps automatically. Please stop using them until the issue is solved. Follow my instructions and update the system BIOS first. If the issue continues, run Prime95 for two hours as instructed and upload the result with the crash dumps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users