Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu lag spikes when moving mouse

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sadas21

sadas21

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi, recently i noticed my CPU spikes 10-30% when moving mouse on desktop, the faster i move my mouse the heavier the spikes. I have checked what processes is causing the spikes when i move my mouse and it's a combination of explorer.exe and system interrupts.

Now i'm worried because mouse movement shouldn't be using this much CPU on a processor of this power. Can anyone help and tell me if this is right what is happening and if not how i can fix it please.

Windows 7 64bit

I5 2500k @ 3.4 ghz

HD7950 (13.10 beta drivers)

8gb DDR3 1600.

Mouse: razer deathadder (Latest drivers)

Edited by sadas21, 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

:welcome: to BC sadas :)

Have you tried another mouse device to make sure its not the one casing this issue? Do you experience slow or lagging problems?

Tekken

#3 sadas21

sadas21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

:welcome: to BC sadas :)

Have you tried another mouse device to make sure its not the one casing this issue? Do you experience slow or lagging problems?

I have no other mouse present to try it with. I don't experience any noticeable lagging. i'm just very concerned that moving my mouse cursor on the desktop really fast is causing my i5 2500k to spike to 10-30% with explorer.exe and system interrupts being the culprits.

I only noticed this recently, could i be infected with a virus/rootkit which is monitoring my mouse input like a keylogger? could it be the AMD beta drivers i installed recently? (which i doubt). i'm very very confused and worried by this as a mouse shouldn't be using more than 5% of my cpu no matter how fast i move the cursor.

Edited by sadas21, 08 September 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#4 sadas21

sadas21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Very disappointed no one on this forum has helped or at least tried.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Please take note that Bleeping Computer members including helpers are not around all the time but rest assured your thread would not be ignored. Did you install the 3.05 version legacy drivers from here?" Try also using the Video driver's Final Version instead of any early Beta Version.

Tekken

#6 sadas21

sadas21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Please take note that Bleeping Computer members including helpers are not around all the time but rest assured your thread would not be ignored. Did you install the 3.05 version legacy drivers from here?" Try also using the Video driver's Final Version instead of any early Beta Version.

Hi, yes i have those drivers installed, i understand you're busy and this seems like a tiny problem compared to some but getting spikes of 30% cpu when using my mouse is very worrying to me. Thanks.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Some mouse CPU resource usage are due to being connected to USB hubs or other host devices. Is it connected directly to your usb ports? Have you tried different slots as computer slots have different usb host controllers. Any other devices externally connected could have some effect due to the bus speed of usb driver stack.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users