Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help(desperate) with an External USB Drive.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandman512

sandman512

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

So, I have a 1 TB external hard drive hooked up to my Apple Extreme Router.  I have had no problems with it at all until today.  I decided to put a bunch of pics(backup) on it.  For some reason, when I go to view the pics via my PC(my computer, then Z Drive), I cannot see it. But, when I hook the drive directly up to my PC, I can see all the files.  What gives?  THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

So, I have a 1 TB external hard drive hooked up to my Apple Extreme Router.  I have had no problems with it at all until today.  I decided to put a bunch of pics(backup) on it.  For some reason, when I go to view the pics via my PC(my computer, then Z Drive), I cannot see it. But, when I hook the drive directly up to my PC, I can see all the files.  What gives?  THANKS!

Have you tried rebooting the Airport Extreme?

Which version of the Airport Extreme do you have? One of the older models that is short and squat? Or one of the new tall narrow ones? I ask because that will affect which version of the Airport Utility program you can use. I know the older versions have a tab that allows you to configure the hard drive and "see" that it is connected. So, you might try opening up the Airport Utility and see if the drive shows up in it.

#3 sandman512

sandman512
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

First, thanks for the reply.  It is a 5th. generation extreme.  I rebooted the extreme and I also reformatted the 1 TB external drive.  All seems to be working now.  Thanks!

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

First, thanks for the reply.  It is a 5th. generation extreme.  I rebooted the extreme and I also reformatted the 1 TB external drive.  All seems to be working now.  Thanks!

Glad to hear you are back up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users