Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus rtn66u

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kuvasz

Kuvasz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Very slow wired and wireless speeds. I would post the text file as requested, but it seems I can only post from my phone. Log in will not work from my pc. Any suggestions?

I have att dsl, the asus router with updated firmware, running windows 7 64 and IOS 6 on various devices. Speed is good without the router in place. Maybe a setup issue? Can Anyone walk me through the router settings?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I presume you are using an at&t modem on the Asus router. Did it worked flawlessly prior?

Tekken

#3 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

The router is a westell unit supplied by att. If I directly wire to the modem everything works fine. It's when the router is put in place everything slows way down.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Did it worked flawlessly prior?

The router is using dual band channel also, see the manual's straightforward explanation to check for any overlooked settings or needed. I would try looking into the 2.4/5 ghz wireless setups and bandwith priority and of which band these devices are connecting. The dual band separates wireless devices on newer and or preferably to media consoles, bluray, ipad and smartphones. It's possible that the router is faulty in which case if still under warranty, it should be replaced. Router Manual

Tekken

#5 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I read the manual when I origionally installed the router. And again when I started having issues. I've even reset to factory and reinstalled. Still having this problem.

Funny thing is that it was simply awesome when I first installed it. It has just progressively gotten worse. I bought it be aide it was supposed to be so good. Now I'm thinking I might buy another brand and just replace it unless someone here can help me figure out I messed up somewhere.

Has anyone else had issues signing into this forum? I still can only sign in on my phone and iPad.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Has anyone else had issues signing into this forum?

It depends... do you mean can't sign in or forum server not found?

I still can only sign in on my phone and iPad.

Which means that on computers, you can't?

I bought it be aide it was supposed to be so good. Now I'm thinking I might buy another brand and just replace it unless someone here can help me figure out I messed up somewhere.

That is an expensive router but quality is what you paid for including the additional features. Is it still under warranty?

Tekken

#7 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

I am unable to sign on with my PC and now the iPad. It asks the to enter my user name and PW. I enter the info and it just goes back to the forum main page and shows me as not being signed in.

Router is out of warranty unfortunately. I am buying a new router. Ill use this one as a repeater if it will function that way.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

The problem might be from wireless or with the forum itself. Can you try running minitoolbox on the troubled PC? Preferably wireless is enabled/turned on.

Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users