Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer, Internet Lag and Fan always running

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brian8723

brian8723

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

For the past few months i have noticed that my Vista HP Pavilion dvd6565us has been running really slow.  Typically to open an internet browser it takes a minute and then everything seems to happen in slow motion once it gets online.  Also the fan always seems to be running and the bottom of the laptop gets really hot.  Finally I have the free comcast version of Norton 365 and it is always telling me that I have high disk usage host process for windows services. Anyone know if there is something wrong with the computer.  I have run Comodo Dragon, Norton Anti Virus and Malware bytes with nothing being detected.  Also when I run a full scan on Comodo or Norton it can take over 24 hrs to run a full scan. 

Thanks!

Mod Edit: Moved topic from logs forum. No logs posted. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 08 September 2013 - 03:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Really hot usually means really dirty or fans are not working. Since you say fans are running then

the first thing to do would be to open up the comp and do a thorough cleaning.

EDIT: Copied from here: HP DV Series dv6565us Fan Repair Guide | Installation Video

.......you will need to open up your laptop. You can do this by removing the screws from the bottom of the laptop.

2. Once the screws have been removed from the bottom of your laptop, you can now remove the keyboard and plastic bezels from your HP dv6565us laptop.

3. You will see your HP dv6565us Fan and Heat Sink exposed.

4. Use a screw drivers and remove the screws from you HP dv6565us Heat Sink Fan.

5. Before reinstalling the new HP dv6565us Fan onto your laptop, you can clean the HP dv6565us Fan. To clean your Fan and Heat sink, use a can of air and blow out any dirt from your HP dv6565us Fan. You can also use a paint brush to clean out the dirt from the hard to get areas. Sometimes cleaning your HP dv6565us laptop fan will actually repair it. Dirt can cause the HP dv6565us Laptop Fan to make noise and even stop spinning properly.

Edited by buddy215, 08 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users